P. (250) 384-8124
Phone Gillian gillianmandville.com
150-805 Cloverdale Ave
This is a beautiful rancher in a well run strata tucked away on a quite street, only sharing a wall on one side with a duplex type set-up. It offers 2 beds+den, 2 baths and is spacious and well kept. Features include a double garage, a large eat-in kitchen with sliding glass doors to a private deck, a gas fireplace in the living room which flows into an open dining room and the large master bedroom includes a...
Open house Sunday, March 19th, 4-6pm. DOWNTOWN VICTORIA! Bright corner unit condo in the the heart of downtown Victoria! Stunning, move-in ready, on the 7th floor of this steel & concrete building. This spacious 2bed 1bath unit offers in-suite laundry and beautiful updates, including quartz countertops and laminate flooring throughout the living space. Enjoy your balcony where you're free to barbeque while ta...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Gillian Mandville is originally from charming St. John's, Newfoundland and has lived in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia since 2009. During that time, Gillian has worked as a registered nurse specializing in neuroscience at the VGH and home and community care. Her experience of purchasing her own home along with her love of service has led her to become a licensed real estate agent with Pemberton Holmes, which has turned into a passion!
Gillian's favourite thing about working in the real estate industry is the ability to replicate with her clients the empowerment she felt when navigating the process of buying a home- she would love for all her clients to feel that same excitement and pride.
When Gillian has some down time, she enjoys, first and foremost, spending time with her partner and little boy, Owen, the outdoors, staying active and music. She enjoys traveling and learning about different cultures. Her favourite places she has traveled outside of Canada has been Peru and Bolivia. Experiences which she refers to as "feasts for the soul."
Gillian's heart remains here at home on Vancouver
Island, and she hopes to help you find home here too.
Contact Gillian directly at email@example.com or at